26 July, 2011

Jamey Jasta: Jasta – new album

Jasta

Jamey Jasta's - of HATEBREED and KINGDOM OF SORROW – first solo album has been released today, July 26th, 2011, in the U.S. (a day earlier in Europe via Century Media Records) via eOne Music. The album is available as Ltd. Edition CD Digipak and luxurious Gatefold LP (both versions include 2 bonus tracks) as well as CD and digital download. The record features guest appearances by a number of renowned artists, including Tim Lambesis (of AS I LAY DYING fame), pro skater Mike Vallely (REVOLUTION MOTHER), Philip Labonte (ALL THAT REMAINS), Randy Blythe and Mark Morton (of LAMB OF GOD renown) and guitar god Zakk Wylde.

Jamey Jasta explained his project in an interview with Metal Assault: “I wrote a lot of it [the material] by myself and some stuff with the help of Charlie & Nick Bellmore [KINGDOM OF SORROW], except for the guest parts. I did a lot of the music/lyric writing throughout 2008, 2009 and 2010 so it was fun to go back, listen to those old tracks and go, “These are still good, let’s release them!” I’m just very lucky that I’m in a position to be able to do this and I’m grateful that the eOne label is giving it such a great push.” When asked if the release of his solo album will impact songwriting for the next HATEBREED CD, he replied, “No, not at all. Actually that’s why I wanted to get it out now because the next HATEBREED album is going to be short, to the point and brutal, and there will be no melody. This is my one chance to kind of get it out of the system.”

Click here and here (YouTube) to listen to the man doing some track-by-track explaining and listen to two brand new songs from the record below.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.